There Are Many Reasons Why Mediation Is A Good Option To Litigation
At Jacqueline A. Scott & Associates, we live by the golden rule: treat others as you want to be treated. If we were in your shoes, we would want a lawyer who uses every tool available to resolve our legal issues in the most effective and efficient manner possible. That is the approach we take. Every move our attorneys make is with our clients’ best interests in mind. We don’t suggest a legal strategy unless we believe it will help our clients achieve their goals in the most expedient, cost-effective and desirable manner.
Attorney Jacqueline A. Scott is an experienced legal professional. Over the course of her 30-year career, she has successfully represented hundreds of clients both in and out of court. While she is not afraid of a fight, she also knows that many legal disputes are better handled using alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation.
With offices in Bossier City-Shreveport and Monroe, we help clients throughout northwest Louisiana use mediation to resolve their legal disputes.
Why Use Mediation?
During mediation, both parties agree to work together to resolve their disputes out of court. A neutral third party facilitates the discussion and provides guidance during negotiations. Some of the benefits of mediation include:
- Faster resolutions — Litigation can be a lengthy process, mediation is often quicker.
- Eliminating the costs of litigation — Avoiding court costs and attorneys fees can greatly reduce costs.
- Preserving relationships — Litigation is often highly contentious and often only leads to the further deterioration of family, personal and business relationships.
- Privacy and confidentiality — Court records are public; by keeping issues out of court you can maintain your privacy.
- Keeping the power — Judges know little about you, your family and your legal issue; by resolving your dispute through mediation you keep the decision-making power where it belongs, with you.
- Better results — In mediation, there is rarely a winner or a loser. Instead, parties work together to create solutions both sides can live with.
- Better compliance — When parties agree to a solution, there is a better chance that both sides live up to that agreement. This can avoid future lengthy and expensive actions.
Let Our Mediation Skills Get You Results
Over the years, Ms. Scott has been recognized by her peers as a leader. She has been included as a favorite in SB Magazine’s Lawyers Poll from 2003 to 2015.